This is the most important thing to practice during flu season.
Proper Handwashing Tutorial
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Sing happy birthday two times to help count to 20 seconds.
5 things to remember per the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Avoid hugging, hand-shaking, fist-bumping. See these Alternatives via NPR.